DOS, Windows (3.1/NT to Windows7), UNIX (IRIX, Linux)
C/C++ (main language), Lua (scripting).
Toolkits and APIs:
- OpenGL and the OpenSceneGraph.
- SWIG ( generates interfaces to C/C++ for high-level languages ).
- xUnit testing framework.
- MFC, DirectSound, DirectInput.
- Java with Swing and Android.
- MATLAB for data reduction
- Simulink/Simpack for vehicle dynamics and multibody simulation
- Presagis Creator ( 3D modelling )
- UML ( software design )
- Apache/MySQL/PHP ( software stack used for websites )
- July 2001 - present: Research Officer, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- Oct 1998 - 2001: Pera International
- BSc(Hons) Computer Science University of Leeds.
- MSc Virtual Environments University of Salford.
Tony provides support to research on the University of Leeds Driving Simulator
He has been involved in a number of EPSRC and EU projects.
- Generative 3D modelling for synthetic worlds used in driving simulation
- Use of driver models for testing simulator scenarios
- Crossover of traffic-simulation and driving simulation
- Simulator architecture
- Automation of the simulator content pipeline
- Use of virtual environments (in the VM sense) to provide a test environment for the simulator software
Tony is not involved in any teaching activities
- Jamson S; Lai FCH; Jamson AH; Horrobin A; Carsten O (2008) Interaction between Speed Choice and Road Environment, .
- Jamson SL; Chorlton K; Jamson AH; Horrobin A; Carsten OMJ (2008) Results of Simulator Experiments., .
- Jamson AH; Horrobin AJ; Auckland RA (2007) Driving: Whatever Happened to the LADS? Design, development and preliminary validation of the new University of Leeds Driving Simulator., Driving Simulation Conference North America 2007 University of Iowa, Iowa, USA Sept 12-14 2007 .