Dr Ronghui Liu
Key Research and Consultancy Awarded
DITTO - Developing Integerated Tools for Optimized Railway Systems (http://www.its.leeds.ac.uk/research/featured-projects/ditto/). RSSB (09.2014 - 08.2017), £905,000. Leeds PI
Network Rail Impact Acceleration Account, EPSRC (05.2015 - 03.2016), £45,560, PI.
NETMIS - Network Tools for Intervention Modelling in Sepsis. Technology Strategy Board (01.2013 - 08.14), £346,800. Co-I.
Managed Motorway. Queenland University of Technology, Australia (04.2013), Au$6,000. Grant holder.
Challenging Established Rules for Train Control Through a Fault Tolerance Approach. EPSRC and RSSB (2010 - 2013), £337,600. Leeds PI
Modelling Motorway Merge Phase I: Empirical Study. Highways England (12.2010 - 03.2011), with Jacobs Consultancy. Leeds PI.
TransEuropean Transport Network Planning Methodology. EU (10.2009 - 03.2010). Euro179,100. Co-I.
MULTITUTE European Cooperation in Science and Technology project (http://www.multitude-project.eu/) to provide methods and tools for supporting the use, calibration, and validation of traffic simulation models. Co-I.
Guidance for modelling motorway merge. Department for Transport (10.2007 - 10.2008), £40,700. PI
A model to assess public transport reliability. EPSRC and Department for Transport (07.2003 - 01.2006); with D. Van Vliet. PI.
International Incoming Short Visits Grant. Royal Society (02.2006 - 03.2006), £1,480. PI
A sustainable travel modal choice for Beijing - Phase II. Volvo Research Foundation (01.2016 - 12.2017), with H. Wu (Beijing). Leeds PI.
A sustainable travel modal choice for Beijing - Phase I. Funded by the VOLVO Research Foundation (01.2005 - 12.2005), with H. Wu (Beijing). Leeds PI.
Holders of consultancy contract from: Devon County Council and Parsons Brinckerhoff (2002); DHV Consultants (2001); URS Consultants (2000); York City Council (1999); and Atkins (1998)
I am interested in the dynamic modelling of complex systems (inherent in congested road, bus, or rail networks, and/or presented by transport policy interventions or future technological advances). The following are some of my recent research interests and I would be happy to discuss suitable PhD projects in these area: (See also http://www.its.leeds.ac.uk/courses/phd/topics/)
- Road and public transport network reliability analysis
- Motorway and urban traffic flow analysis and simulation
- Modelling connected vehicles v2v and v2i communications
- Research in operational controls and traffic management for railway networks
- Noisy optimisation in transport
- Traffic signal controls
1994 - current, Senior Research Fellow and Postgraduate Research Tutor, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
June - July 2005, Head of Transportation Modelling, Transportation Division, TRL, UK (part-time split with ITS Leeds)
1991 - 1993, Research Fellow, Mullard Space Science Laboratory, University College London
Specialist Experience and Expertise
Traffic microsimulation, traffic flow analysis, pedestrian simulation, equilibrium assignment, dynamic traffic assignment, departure-time choice modelling, congestion OD matrix estimation, intelligent transport systems, traffic pollution and fuel consumption modelling, multi-agents simulation, dynamic road pricing and real-time responsive traffic signal control, public transport assignment and real-time management. Development and application of DRACULA microsimulation model
Ph.D., Radio Astronomy, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK, 1991
B.Sc. Physics and Astrophysics, Peking University, Beijing, China, 1986
- 2014 Guest Editor of Special Issue: Advances in Artificial Transportation Systems and Simulation (http://store.elsevier.com/Advances-in-Artificial-Transportation-Systems-and-Simulation/isbn-9780123970411/), Elsevier. 2014.
2010 - date Member of the Editorial Board, ITE Journal on Intelligent Transport Systems
- 2009 - date Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on INtelligent Transportatin Systems
- 2003 - date Affiliate of Traffic Flow Committee and Member of Simulation Sub-Committee, Transportation Research Board
Associate Editor, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation SSystems (IEEE-ITSC), 2015 - 2016.
Member of International Programme Committee, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Rail Transportation, Birmingham, 23 - 25 AUgust 2016.
On-going PhD projects
Kusuma A: A Weaving Model for Motorway Traffic. (Funded by Indonesian Ministry of Natinal Education).
Dodsworth J: Devlopment of traffic signal control algorithms to achieve network stability for over-saturated traffic conditions. (funded by WSP)
Fu, Q: Modelling Commuters' Travel Choice Behaviour in London Underground. (funded by China Scholarship Council - Leeds University). Runner-up of the HKSTS Outstnading Student Paper Award at the 17th Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies (HKSTS), Hong Kong, December 2012.
Hidayati, N: The Impact of School Safety Zone on Passenger Car Equivalent Values in Indonesian Urban Roads. (Funded by Indonesian Ministry of National Education).
Completed PhD research
Hollander Y: The Cost of Travel Time Variability in Bus Infrastruction Facilities. 2007. (Winner of the Neil Mansfield Award for best paper by a young author, awarded at the European Transport Conference, Strasbourg, October 2005.)
Balijepalli NC: Stochastic Process Models for Dynamic Traffic Assignment. 2006
Wang J: A Mrrging Model for Motorway Traffic. 2006
Module leader for Principles of Transport Modelling.
Lecturer for Traffic Data Collection and Analysis.
Lecturer for Traffic Network Models
Previous modules taught
International Environmental Impact Assessment (Civil Engineering Masters).
Traffic Microsimulation Models.
Traffic Control Systems.
Modelling Traffic Pollution.
- Li W; Yang L; Wang L; Zhou X; Liu R; Gao Z (2017) Eco-reliable path finding in time-variant and stochastic networks, Energy, 121, pp.372-387. doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2017.01.008
- Zhao F; Wu J; Sun H; Gao Z; Liu R (2016) Population-driven Urban Road Evolution Dynamic Model, Networks and Spatial Economics, 16, pp.997-1018. doi: 10.1007/s11067-015-9308-4
- Ye H; Liu R (2016) A multiphase optimal control method for multi-train control and scheduling on railway lines, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 93, pp.377-393. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2016.08.002
- Schmöcker J-D; Sun W; Fonzone A; Liu R (2016) Bus bunching along a corridor served by two lines, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 93, pp.300-317. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2016.07.005
- Wu W; Liu R; Jin W (2016) Designing robust schedule coordination scheme for transit networks with safety control margins, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 93, pp.495-519. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2016.07.009
- Chen J; Liu R; Ngoduy D; Shi Z (2016) A new multi-anticipative car-following model with consideration of the desired following distance, Nonlinear Dynamics, 85, pp.2705-2717. doi: 10.1007/s11071-016-2856-4
- Guo X; Wu J; Sun H; Liu R; Gao Z (2016) Timetable coordination of first trains in urban railway network: A case study of Beijing, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 40, pp.8048-8066. doi: 10.1016/j.apm.2016.04.004
- Zhao F; Sun H; Wu J; Gao Z; Liu R (2016) Analysis of road network pattern considering population distribution and central business district, PLoS ONE, 11, . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0151676
- Hidayati N; Liu R; Montgomery F (2016) The development of a prediction model of the Passenger Car Euivalent values at different locations, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 11, pp.3764-3770.
- Smith MJ; Liu R; Mounce R (2015) Traffic control and route choice; capacity maximization and stability, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 81, pp.863-885. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2015.07.002
- Fonzone A; Schmöcker JD; Liu R (2015) A model of bus bunching under reliability-based passenger arrival patterns, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 59, pp.164-182. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2015.05.020
- Xiao LL; Huang HJ; Liu R (2015) Tradable credit scheme for rush hour travel choice with heterogeneous commuters, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 7, . doi: 10.1177/1687814015612430
- Liu R; Smith M (2015) Route choice and traffic signal control: A study of the stability and instability of a new dynamical model of route choice and traffic signal control, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 77, pp.123-145. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2015.03.012
- Wu W; Shen L; Jin W; Liu R (2015) Density-based mixed platoon dispersion modelling with truncated mixed Gaussian distribution of speed, Transportmetrica B, 3, pp.114-130. doi: 10.1080/21680566.2014.960502
- Xiao LL; Huang HJ; Liu R (2015) Congestion behavior and tolls in a bottleneck model with stochastic capacity, Transportation Science, 49, pp.47-65. doi: 10.1287/trsc.2013.0483
- Flötteröd G; Liu R (2014) Disaggregate path flow estimation in an iterated dynamic traffic assignment microsimulation, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations, 18, pp.204-214. doi: 10.1080/15472450.2013.806854
- Xiao L-L; Liu R; Huang H-J (2014) Stochastic bottleneck capacity, merging traffic and morning commute, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 64, pp.48-70. doi: 10.1016/j.tre.2014.02.003
- Xiao L-L; Liu R; Huang H-J (2014) Congestion behavior under uncertainty on morning commute with preferred arrival time interval, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, 2014, . doi: 10.1155/2014/767851
- Dodsworth J; Shepherd S; Liu R (2014) Real-time single detector vehicle classification, Transportation Research Procedia, 3, pp.942-951. doi: 10.1016/j.trpro.2014.10.074
- Kusuma A; Liu R; Choudhury C; Montgomery F (2014) Analysis of the driving behaviour at weaving section using multiple traffic surveillance data, Transportation Research Procedia, 3, pp.51-59. doi: 10.1016/j.trpro.2014.10.090
- Liu R; Whiteing A; Koh A (2013) Challenging established rules for train control through a fault tolerance approach: Applications at a classic railway junction, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 227, pp.685-692. doi: 10.1177/0954409713496988
- Liu R; Li X (2013) Stability analysis of a multi-phase car-following model, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 392, pp.2660-2671. doi: 10.1016/j.physa.2013.02.001
- Maher M; Liu R; Ngoduy D (2013) Signal optimisation using the cross entropy method, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 27, pp.76-88. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2011.05.018
- Fu Q; Liu R; Hess S (2012) A review on transit assignment modelling approaches to congested networks: a new perspective, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 54, pp.1145-1155. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.829
- Hidayati N; Liu R; Montgomery FO (2012) The impact of school safety zone and roadside activities on speed behaviour: the Indonesian case, Procedia – Social and Behavioural Sciences, 54, pp.1339-1349. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.848
- Liu R; Hyman G (2012) Modelling motorway merge: the current practice in the UK and towards establishing general principles, Transport Policy, 24, pp.199-210.
- Liu R; May T; Shepherd S (2011) On the fundamental diagram and supply curves for congested urban networks, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 45, pp.951-965. doi: 10.1016/j.tra.2011.04.005
- Liu R (2011) Merge: The current practice in the UK and towards establishing general principles, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 16, pp.184-195. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.441
- Rossetti RJF; Liu R; Tang S (2011) Guest editorial special issue on artificial transportation systems and simulation, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 12, pp.309-312. doi: 10.1109/TITS.2011.2143770
- Shepherd S; Koh A; Balijepalli C; Liu R; Pfaffenbichler P; Emberger G; Ash A (2009) Overcoming barriers to model use, European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 9, pp.277-295.
- Ngoduy D; Hoogendoorn SP; Liu R (2009) Continuum modeling of cooperative traffic flow dynamics, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 388, pp.2705-2716. doi: 10.1016/j.physa.2009.02.040
- Sorratini JA; Liu R; Sinha S (2008) Assessing bus transport reliability using micro-simulation, Transportation Planning and Technology, 31, pp.303-324. doi: 10.1080/03081060802086512
- Hollander Y; Liu R (2008) The principles of calibrating traffic microsimulation models, Transportation, 35, pp.347-362. doi: 10.1007/s11116-007-9156-2
- Hollander Y; Liu R (2008) Estimation of the distribution of travel times by repeated simulation, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 16, pp.212-231. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2007.07.005
- Balijepalli NC; Watling DP; Liu R (2007) Doubly dynamic traffic assignment: Simulation modeling framework and experimental results, Transportation Research Record, pp.39-48. doi: 10.3141/2029-05
- Ngoduy D; Liu R (2007) Multiclass first-order simulation model to explain non-linear traffic phenomena, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 385, pp.667-682. doi: 10.1016/j.physa.2007.07.041
- Int Panis L; Broekx S; Liu R (2006) Modelling instantaneous traffic emission and the influence of traffic speed limits, Science of the Total Environment, 371, pp.270-285. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2006.08.017
- Liu R; Van Vliet D; Watling D (2006) Microsimulation models incorporating both demand and supply dynamics, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 40, pp.125-150. doi: 10.1016/j.tra.2005.05.003
- Wang J; Liu R; Montgomery F (2005) Car-following model for motorway traffic, Transportation Research Record, pp.33-42.
- Bonsall P; Liu R; Young W (2005) Modelling safety-related driving behaviour - Impact of parameter values, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 39, pp.425-444. doi: 10.1016/j.tra.2005.02.002
- Rossetti RJF; Liu R (2005) An agent-based approach to assess drivers' interaction with pre-trip information systems, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, 9, pp.1-10. doi: 10.1080/15472450590912529
- Liu R (2005) Intelligent speed adaptation: an advanced speed management method, Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, 5, pp.95-104.
- Wu H; Liu R; Zhang R (2005) A sustainable travel modal choice target for Beijing: what can policies and strategies achieve?, Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, 5, pp.105-112.
- Wu H; Liu R (2004) Parking in Beijing: Development history, current polices and future strategies, Proceedings of the Conference on Traffic and Transportation Studies, ICTTS, 4, pp.275-285.
- Liu R; Tate J (2004) Network effects of intelligent speed adaptation systems, Transportation, 31, pp.297-325. doi: 10.1023/B:PORT.0000025394.78857.13
- Rossetti RJF; Bordini RH; Bazzan ALC; Bampi S; Liu R; Vliet DV (2002) Using BDI agents to improve driver modelling in a commuter scenario, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 10, pp.373-398. doi: 10.1016/S0968-090X(02)00027-X
- May AD; Liu R; Shepherd SP; Sumalee A (2002) The impact of cordon design on the performance of road pricing schemes, Transport Policy, 9, pp.209-220. doi: 10.1016/S0967-070X(02)00031-8
- Liu R; Van Vliet D; Maher MJ (2000) Combined trip matrix estimation and traffic assignment on congested networks in SATURN, TRISTAN IV Conference, .
- Cassir C; Clegg R; Liu R; Timms PM (1999) The AIUTO project: York test site, 8th World Conference on Transport Research, Antwerp, Belgium, July 1998., 2, pp.402-415.
- Liu R; Clark SD; Montgomery FO; Watling DP (1999) Microscopic modelling of traffic management measures for guided bus operation, Proceedings of the 8th World Conference on Transport Research, 2, pp.367-380.
- Liu R; Van Vliet D; Watling DP (1995) DRACULA: Dynamic Route Assignment Combining User Learning and microsimulAtion. Proc, PTRC European Transport Forum, E, pp.143-152.
- Johnstone AD; Liu R; Alexeev V; Anderson R (1994) Observations of the source mechanism of SAR arcs, Substorms 2, pp.145.
- JOHNSTONE AD; WALTON DM; LIU R; HARDY DA (1993) PITCH ANGLE DIFFUSION OF LOW-ENERGY ELECTRONS BY WHISTLER MODE WAVES, J GEOPHYS RES-SPACE, 98, pp.5959-5967.
- Liu R; Pooley G; Riley JM (1992) Spectral ageing of a sample of 14 high-luminosity double radio sources, Royal Astronomical Society, Monthly Notices, 257, pp.545-571.
- Liu R; Pooley G (1991) Spectral index and depolarization asymmetry in powerful radio sources, Royal Astronomical Society, Monthly Notices, 249, pp.343-351.
- Liu R; Pooley G (1991) Correlated radio and optical asymmetries in power radio galaxies, Royal Astronomical Society, Monthly Notes, 253, pp.669.
- Liu R; Riley J; Warner P; Pooley G; Alexander P (1989) Structure and dynamics of two tailed radio sources in cluster 0648+19, Royal Astronomical Society, Monthly Notices, 240, pp.501-511.
- Rossetti RJF; Liu R (2014) Advances in Artificial Transportation Systems and Simulation, pp.1-241. doi: 10.1016/C2011-0-07487-2
- May AD; Liu R; Shepherd S (2015) Road congestion, Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Transport Economics and Policy, pp.112-133. doi: 10.4337/9780857937933.00013
- Antoniou C; Casas J; Koutsopoulos H; Liu R (2014) Traffic Simulation and Data: Validation Methods and Applications; Chapter 7 - Validation, In: Daamen W; Buisson C; Hoogendoorn SP (Ed) Traffic Simulation and Data: Validation Methods and Applications, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group.
- Dargay J; Liu R (2010) Analysis of National Travel Survey Datasets, Concessionary Travel: The Research Papers, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, pp.165-200.
- Liu R (2010) Traffic Simulation with DRACULA, In: Barceló J (Ed) Fundamentals of Traffic Simulation, Springer Verlag, pp.295-322.
- Liu R; Wang J (2007) A general framework for the calibration and validation of car-following models along an uninterrupted open highway, In: Heydecker B (Ed) Mathematics in Transport, Elsevier, pp.111-124.
- Rossetti R; Liu R (2005) Activity-based analysis of travel demand using cognitive agents, In: Timmermans H (Ed) Progress in Activity-Based Analysis, Elsevier, pp.139-160.
- Rossetti R; Liu R (2005) A dynamic network simulation model based on multi-agent systems, In: Klügl F; Bazzan A; Ossowski S (Ed) Applications of Agent Technology in Traffic and Transportation, Birkhäuser, pp.181-192.
- Hollander Y; Liu R (2005) Calibration of a traffic microsimulation model as a tool for estimating the level of travel time variability, In: Jaszkiewicz AEA (Ed) Advanced OR and AI Methods in Transportation, Advanced OR and AI Methods in Transportation, pp.523-527.
- Rossetti R; Liu R (2005) Towards a multi-agent traffic simulation model, In: Klgl F; Bazzan A; Ossowski S (Ed) Whitestein Series in Software Agent Technologies, Springer, pp.pp.209.
- Liu R (2005) The DRACULA dynamic network microsimulation model, In: Kitamura; Kuwahara (Ed) Simulation appraches in Transportation Analysis: Recent Advances and Challenges, Springer, pp.23-56.
- Liu R (2001) Road Transport Management at the Turn of the Century, Science and Technology into the Next Millennium, Fu Dan University Press.
- De Palmer A; Fontan C; Liu R (2001) Trip Timing and Chaining, Travel Behaviour Research: the Leading Edge, .
- Liu R; Clark SD; Montgomery FO; Watling DP (1998) Microscopic modelling of traffic management measures for guided bus operation, In: Zhang G (Ed) Theory and Applications of Traffic and Transport Systems Engineering, ASCE Press New York, pp.160-170.
- Liu R; Van Vliet D; Watling DP (1998) DRACULA - microscopic, day-to-day dynamic modelling of traffic assignment and simulation, In: Stephanedes YJ; Fillippi F (Ed) Applications of Advanced Technologies in Transportation Engineering, ASCE Press, New York, pp.444-448.
- Liu R; Van Vliet D (1996) DRACULA - a dynamic microscopic model of road traffic, In: Zhang G (Ed) Theory and Applications of Traffic and Transportation Systems Engineering, ASCE Press, New York, pp.160-170.
- Liu R; Pooley G (1992) Asymmetries in powerful radio sources, In: Roland; J; Sol; H; Pelletier; G (Ed) Extragalactic Radio Sources - From Beams to Jets, Cambridge University Press,, pp.285.
- Toner J; Koh A; Shen S; Batley R; Nellthorp J; Liu R (2010) Improving the evidence base for setting the reimbursement rate for operators under the Scotland-wide Older and Disabled Persons Concessionary Bus Scheme. Report to the Scottish Government’s Transport Social and Economic Research Programme 2008-2011., .
- Dargay J; Liu R (2010) Concessionary Fares - Analysis of the National Travel Survey Data. Report to the Department for Transport’s Research into the Reimbursement of Concessionary Fares, .
- Bernauer E; Breheret L; Gabard JF; Barcelo J; Casas J; Ferrer J; Garcia D; Canepari G; di Taranto C; Fox KA; Liu R (1999) Microsimulation Workshop : Deliverable No 9 to EC DGVII for the SMARTEST project, .
- Barcelo J; Bernauer E; Breheret L; Canepari G; di Taranto C; Ferrer J; Fox KA; Gabard JF; Liu R (1999) Simulation Report, Deliverable No 6 to EC DGVII for the SMARTEST project, .
- Algers S; Barcelo J; Bernauer E; Boero M; Breheret L; di Taranto C; Dougherty MS; Ferrer J; Fox KA; Gabard JF; Ledoux C; Liu R (1998) Update specifications : Deliverable No 4 to EC DGVII for the SMARTEST project, .
- Liu R (2011) Modelling motorway merge: the current practice in the UK and towards establishing general principles., .
- Liu R; Li X (2011) Stability analysis of a multi-phase car-following model, .
- Flötteröd G; Liu R (2011) Disaggregate path flow estimation in an iterated DTA microsimulation., .
- Bonsall P; Liu R; Young W (2000) Ethical issues involved in the selection of values for safety-related behavioural parameters in traffic simulation models., .
- Kusuma A; Liu R; Montgomery FO (2013) Gap acceptance behaviour in motorway weaving traffic, .
- Liu R; Wang Y (2016) Scheduling and control algorithms for the enhancement of the robustness of a single-track railway system, .
- Kusuma A; Liu R; Choudhury C (2016) Modelling the Effect of Lane-changing Mechanism in a Weaving Section, .
- Schmöcker JD; Sun W; Fonzone A; Liu R (2016) Bus bunching along a corridor served by two lines, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 93, pp.300-317. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2016.07.005
- Liu R (2016) Simulation model of speed control for the moving-block systems under ERTMS Level 3, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Rail Transportation, ICIRT 2016 pp.322-327. doi: 10.1109/ICIRT.2016.7588750
- SCHMÖCKER J-D; Sun W; Liu R; Fonzone A (2015) Bus bunching along a corridor served by two lines, .
- Fonzone A; SCHMÖCKER J-D; Liu R (2015) A model of bus bunching under reliability based passenger arrival patterns., Transportation Research Procedia 7, pp.276-299.
- Smith MJ; Liu R; Mounce R (2015) Traffic control and route choice; capacity maximization and stability, Transportation Research Procedia 7, pp.556-577.
- Kusuma A; Liu R; Choudhury C; Montgomery F (2015) Lane-changing characteristics at weaving section, .
- Nadudvari T; Liu R; Hess S (2015) Modelling passengers' route choice behaviour on the London Underground, .
- Smith MJ; Liu R; Mounce R (2015) Traffic Control and Route Choice; Capacity Maximization and Stability, Transportation Research Procedia 7, pp.556-577. doi: 10.1016/j.trpro.2015.06.029
- Fonzone A; Schmöcker JD; Liu R (2015) A Model of Bus Bunching under Reliability-based Passenger Arrival Patterns, Transportation Research Procedia 7, pp.276-299. doi: 10.1016/j.trpro.2015.06.015
- Fu Q; Liu R; Hess S (2014) A Bayesian modelling framework for individual passengers� probabilistic route choices: A case study on the London Underground, 93rd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C. .
- Abdullah K; Liu R; Pujol R (2014) Traffic hysteresis and macroscopic fundamenal relationships of a motorway network, Proceedings of the 19th International Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, HKSTS 2014 - Transportation and Infrastructure pp.331-338.
- Fu Q; Liu R; Hess S (2012) On considering journey time variability and passengers’ path choice: An empirical study using Oyster card data on the London Underground, 5th International Symposium on Transportation Network Reliability, Hong Kong .
- Liu R; May T; Shepherd S (2011) On the fundamental diagram and supply curves for congested urban networks, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 17, pp.229-246. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.516
- Liu R; Li X (2008) Stability of a Car-Following Model: An Engineering Analysis, .
- Liu R; Sinha S (2007) Modelling urban bus service and passenger reliability., International Symposium on Transportation Network Reliability, The Hague, July 2007 .
- Sorratini JA; Liu R; Sinha S (2005) Assessing bus transport regularity using micro-simulation, 1, pp.669-679.
- Sorratini JA; Liu R; Sinha S (2005) Assessing bus transport reliability using micro-simulation, 1, pp.1-13.
- Hills PJ; Liu R; May AD; Schmoecker J; Shepherd SP (2003) Characterising congestion on urban road networks, In: Park C-H (Ed) Proceedings of the 9th World Conference on Transport Research 2, .
- Liu RH; Bonsall P; Young W (2002) Issues involved in choosing values for safety-related behavioural parameters in traffic simulation models, In: Wang KCP; Xiao GP; Yang H; Nie L (Ed) TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION STUDIES, VOLS 1 AND 2, PROCEEDINGS pp.1124-1131.
- Hills P; Schmocker JD; Liu R; May AD; Shepherd SP (2001) CHARACTERISING CONGESTION ON URBAN ROAD NETWORKS, In: Elsevier (Ed) .
- Rossetti R; Bampi S; Liu R; Van Vliet D; Cybis H (2000) Representing drivers' behaviour using an agent-based approach, None pp.45-50.
- Liu R; Silva J (2000) A microsimulation model of pedestrian crossing behaviour and pedestrian responsive traffic signal control, International Association of Travel Behaviour Research Conference, July, Goad Coast .
- Liu R; Tate JE (1999) Simulation modelling of external vehicle speed control systems, 31st Annual Conference of the Universities Transport Studies Group, University of York .
- Montecino R; Liu R; Milne D (1998) The impacts of variability of the performance of congestion road pricing systems, .
- Zhao W; Ngoduy D; Liu R (2016) A bilevel programming method for autonomous intersection control, HEART .
- Nadudvari T; Liu R; Balijepalli NC (2016) The reasonable route choice set in large and complex metro networks; an implementation of the K-shortest path algorithm for the London Underground, 21st International Conference of the Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies (HKSTS) .
- Liu R; Schmocker J-D; Fonzone A (2014) Considering overtaking and common lines in the bus bunching problem, hEART 2014 - 3rd Symposium of the European Association for Research in Transportation .
- Liu R; Smith MJ (2013) Route Choice and signal control: a study of the stability and instability of traffic signal controlled networks., hEART 2013 - 2nd Symposium of the European Association for Research in Transportation, .
- Liu R; Whiteing A; Koh A (2012) A model of fault tolerance approach to train operations at a classic railway junction, hEART 2012 - 1st Symposium of the European Association for Research in Transportation .
- Liu R; Maher M (2010) Levels of variability in Monte Carlo traffic simulation models, 13th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems .
- Liu R; Maher M (2010) Simulation optimisation using a Monte Carlo traffic simulation model, 5th IMA Conference on Mathematics in Transport .
- Maher M; Liu R; Ngoduy D (2010) Signal optimisation using the cross entropy method., TRIATAN VII Conference .
- Liu R; Hollander Y (2005) Modeling and Computational Issues in the Estimation of Travel Time Variability Using Traffic Microsimulation, Simulation Models - from the Labs to the Trenches - a Workshop on Trafic Modeling, September 2005, University of Arizona, USA. .
- Wilmink I; Versteegt E; Liu R; Hegeman G (2004) Network effects and policy impacts of ISA: A microsimulation analysis, ITS Congress, Nagoya .
- Liu R (2004) Analysis of congested networks, 5th Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis, June, Guadeloupe .
- Rossetti R; Liu R (2003) Towards a multi-agent traffic simulation model, Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation .
- Liu R (2002) Analysis of the uncertainties in day-to-day dynamic models from observed choice responses, 9th Meeting of EURO Working Group on Transportation, Bari, Italy, June 2002 .
- Liu R; Zhang X; Van Vliet D; Maher MJ (2001) Estimation of traffic demand matrices from link counts on congested networks using the SATURN suite, 4th Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis, June, Azores .
- Liu R; Milne DS (2001) Analysis of real-time road pricing systems with micro-simulation modelling, 4th Triennial Symposium on Transportation Analysis, June, Azores .
- Rossetti R; Liu R; van Vliet D; Bampi S; Cybis H (2000) Applying an agent-based approach to traffic modelling, 4th International Conference on Autonomous Agents .
- Liu R (1998) Microscopic Modelling of Traffic Management Measures for Public Transport in DRACULA, INFORMS meeting, Montreal, Canada .
- Liu R (1993) Observation of ion cyclotron wave diffusion from CRESS, European Geophysics Society Annual Conference .
- Liu R (1999) DRACULA traffic simulation model. A user guide, 407, .
- Liu R (1999) Public transport priority measures and guided bus in DRACULA, .
- Liu R; Watling DP; Timms PM (1997) A calibration manual for DRACULA,. ITS Working Paper, ITS Working Paper, 478, .
- Liu R (1996) Pollution modelling in DRACULA, 403, .
- Liu R (1996) Roundabout simulation in DRACULA, 414, .