Dr James Tate
- Transport and the Environment.
- Better understanding the on-road vehicle fleet and its emission characteristics (Tate, 2010).
- The application of a remote sensing Vehicle Emission Measurement System.
- Coupling traffic microsimulations with instantaneous emission models (Tate, 2012; Zallinger, Tate et al, 2009).
- Low Emission Zones, Strategies and Vehicles.
- 1996 to 1997 - Research Assistant, University of Nottingham, Transport Research Group.
- 1997 to 2006 - Research Fellow, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 2007 to present - Lecturer, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 2008 to present - Visiting Research Fellow, Institute for Internal Combustion Engines and Thermodynamics, Technical University of Graz, Austria.
- BEng.(Hons) Civil Engineering (2:1), University of Nottingham, 1995
- MRes Civil Engineering, University of Nottingham, 1996
- PhD, University of Leeds, 2005. "A Study of Vehicular Emissions and Ambient Air Quality at the Local-scale".
- Editorial Panel, ICE Journal of Civil Engineering
- Member of the Charted Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
- Scientific committee member of the International Transport and Air Pollution Conference, Graz, Austria.
- Featured on the BBC One - Inside Out Programme - East Midlands. “The East Midland cities living under a cloud of air pollution.” 28th January 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Lt0pnSdKc
- Contributed to the BBC Radio 4 Programme “Diesel Pollution”. 7th August 2012, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lhgyn (skip to 0:15:40)
- MSc (Eng) and Postgraduate Diploma in Transport Planning & Engineering
- MSc and Postgraduate Diploma in Transport Planning & the Environment
- Connors RD; Sayegh A; Tate J (In press) Uncertainty propagation from the cell transmission traffic flow model to emission predictions: a data-driven approach, Transportation Science, .
- Khreis H; Kelly C; Tate J; Parslow R; Lucas K; Nieuwenhuijsen M (2017) Exposure to traffic-related air pollution and risk of development of childhood asthma: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Environment International, 100, pp.1-31. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2016.11.012
- Rushton CE; Tate JE; Shepherd SP; Carslaw DC (2017) Inter-Instrument Comparison of Remote Sensing Devices and a New Method For Calculating On Road NOx Emissions and Validation of Vehicle Specific Power., J Air Waste Manag Assoc, . doi: 10.1080/10962247.2017.1296504
- Moody A; Tate J (2017) In Service CO2 and NOX Emissions of Euro 6/VI Cars, Light- and Heavy- dutygoods Vehicles in Real London driving: Taking the Road into the Laboratory, Journal of Earth Sciences and Geotechnical Engineering, 7, pp.51-62.
- Sayegh A; Tate JE; Ropkins K (2016) Understanding how roadside concentrations of NO
xare influenced by the background levels, traffic density, and meteorological conditions using Boosted Regression Trees, Atmospheric Environment, 127, pp.163-175. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.12.024
- Tomlin AS; Ziehn T; Goodman P; Tate JE; Dixon NS (2016) The treatment of uncertainties in reactive pollution dispersion models at urban scales, Faraday Discussions, 189, pp.567-587. doi: 10.1039/c5fd00159e
- Wyatt DW; Li H; Tate JE (2014) The impact of road grade on carbon dioxide (CO
2) emission of a passenger vehicle in real-world driving, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 32, pp.160-170. doi: 10.1016/j.trd.2014.07.015
- Carslaw DC; Williams ML; Tate JE; Beevers SD (2013) The importance of high vehicle power for passenger car emissions, Atmospheric Environment, 68, pp.8-16. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2012.11.033
- Tate JE (2013) Road schemes at risk from persistently dirty diesels, Civil Engineering, 166, . doi: 10.1680/cien.2013.166.1.11
- Carslaw DC; Beevers SD; Tate JE; Westmoreland EJ; Williams ML (2011) Recent evidence concerning higher NO x emissions from passenger cars and light duty vehicles, Atmospheric Environment, 45, pp.7053-7063. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2011.09.063
- Martin D; Nickless G; Price CS; Britter RE; Neophytou MK; Cheng H; Robins AG; Dobre A; Belcher SE; Barlow JF; Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Colvile RN; Arnold SJ; Shallcross DE (2010) Urban tracer dispersion experiment in London (DAPPLE) 2003: Field study and comparison with empirical prediction, Atmospheric Science Letters, 11, pp.241-248. doi: 10.1002/asl.282
- Daham B; Li H; Andrews GE; Ropkins K; Tate JE; Bell MC (2009) Comparison of real world emissions in urban driving for euro 1-4 vehicles using a PEMS, SAE Technical Papers, . doi: 10.4271/2009-01-0941
- Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Barlow JF; Belcher SE; Arnold SJ; Dobre A; Robins A (2009) A field study of factors influencing the concentrations of a traffic-related pollutant in the vicinity of a complex urban junction, Atmospheric Environment, 43, pp.5027-5037. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2009.06.047
- Wood CR; Arnold SJ; Balogun AA; Barlow JF; Belcher SE; Britter RE; Cheng H; Dobre A; Lingard JJN; Martin D; Neophytou MK; Petersson FK; Robins AG; Schallcross DE; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS; White IR (2009) Dispersion experiments in central London: The 2007 DAPPLE project, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 90, pp.955-969. doi: 10.1175/2009BAMS2638.1
- Shallcross DE; Martin D; Price CS; Nickless G; White IR; Petersson F; Britter RE; Neophytou MK; Tate JE; Tomlin AS; Belcher SE; Barlow JF; Robins A (2009) Short-range urban dispersion experiments using fixed and moving sources, Atmospheric Science Letters, 10, pp.59-65. doi: 10.1002/asl.211
- Ropkins K; Carslaw DC; Goodman PS; Tate JE (2009) Erratum to "Application of non-linear time-alignment and integration methods to environmental time series" [Trends Anal. Chem. 28 (2009) 373-391] (DOI:10.1016/j.trac.2008.11.013), TrAC - Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 28, pp.923. doi: 10.1016/j.trac.2009.04.007
- Li H; Andrews GE; Savvidis D; Daham BK; Ropkins K; Bell MC; Tate JE (2009) Impact of Driving Cycles on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions, Global Warming Potential (GWP) and Fuel Economy for SI Car Real World Driving, International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, 1, pp.1320-1333.
- Ropkins K; Carlsaw DC; Goodman PS; Tate JE (2009) Application of non-linear time-alignment and integration methods to environmental time series, TrAC - Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 28, pp.373-391. doi: 10.1016/j.trac.2008.11.013
- Ropkins K; Li H; Hawley G; Chen H; Tate J; Andrews G; Bell M (2009) Robust surrogate measurement correction using generalised additive model, Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 95, pp.164-169. doi: 10.1016/j.chemolab.2008.10.005
- Ropkins K; Beebe J; Li H; Daham B; Tate J; Bell M; Andrews G (2009) Real-world vehicle exhaust emissions monitoring: review and critical discussion, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 39, pp.79-152. doi: 10.1080/10643380701413377
- Patra A; Colvile R; Arnold S; Bowen E; Shallcross D; Martin D; Price C; Tate J; ApSimon H; Robins A (2008) On street observations of particulate matter movement and dispersion due to traffic on an urban road, Atmospheric Environment, 42, pp.3911-3926. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2006.10.070
- Agus EL; Young DT; Lingard JJN; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Goodman PS; Tomlin AS (2007) Factors influencing particle number concentrations, size distributions and modal parameters at a roof-level and roadside site in Leicester, UK, Science of the Total Environment, 386, pp.65-82. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2007.07.026
- Carslaw DC; Beevers SD; Tate JE (2007) Modelling and assessing trends in traffic-related emissions using a generalised additive modelling approach, Atmospheric Environment, 41, pp.5289-5299. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2007.02.032
- Ropkins K; Quinn R; Beebe J; Li H; Daham B; Tate J; Bell M; Andrews G (2007) Real-world comparison of probe vehicle emissions and fuel consumption using diesel and 5% biodiesel (B5) blend, Science of the Total Environment, 376, pp.267-284. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2006.11.021
- Boddy JWD; Smalley RJ; Goodman PS; Tate JE; Bell MC; Tomlin AS (2005) The spatial variability in concentrations of a traffic-related pollutant in two street canyons in York, UK-Part II: The influence of traffic characteristics, Atmospheric Environment, 39, pp.3163-3176. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.01.044
- Boddy JWD; Smalley RJ; Dixon NS; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2005) The spatial variability in concentrations of a traffic-related pollutant in two street canyons in York, UK - Part I: The influence of background winds, Atmospheric Environment, 39, pp.3147-3161. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.01.043
- Tate JE (2005) A novel research tool - presenting the highly instrumented car, Traffic Engineering & Control, 46, pp.262-266.
- Arnold SJ; Apsimon H; Barlow J; Belcher S; Bell M; Boddy JW; Britter R; Cheng H; Clark R; Colvile RN; Dimitroulopoulou S; Dobre A; Greally B; Kaur S; Knights A; Lawton T; Makepeace A; Martin D; Neophytou M; Neville S; Nieuwenhuijsen M; Nickless G; Price (2004) Introduction to the DAPPLE Air Pollution Project, Science of the Total Environment, 332, pp.139-153. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2004.04.020
- Liu R; Tate J (2004) Network effects of intelligent speed adaptation systems, Transportation, 31, pp.297-325. doi: 10.1023/B:PORT.0000025394.78857.13
- Colvile R; Kaur S; Britter R; Robins A; Bell MC; Shallcross D; Belcher SE; Tate JE (2004) Sustainable Development of Urban Transport Systems and Human Exposure to Air Pollution, The Science of the Total Environment, 334-335, pp.481-487.
- Ashmore MR; Batty K; Machin F; Gulliver J; Grossinho A; Elliott P; Tate JE; Bell MC; Livesley E; Briggs D (2000) Effects of traffic management and transport mode on the exposure of schoolchildren to carbon monoxide, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 65, pp.49-57.
- Bell MC; Tomlin AS; Seakins PW; Kale GM; Watson A; Andrews GE; Routledge MN; Tate JE; Goodman PS (2004) LANTERN - Leeds health Air pollution, Noise, Traffic and Emissions Research Network, MRC - Institute for Environment and Health, pp.47-48.
- Li H; Andrews GE; Daham B; Bell M; Tate J; Ropkins K (2007) Impact of traffic conditions and road geometry on real world urban emissions using a SI car, . doi: 10.4271/2007-01-0308
- Li H; Andrews GE; Daham B; Bell M; Tate J; Ropkins K (2006) Study of the emissions generated at intersections for a SI car under real world urban driving conditions, . doi: 10.4271/2006-01-1080
- Andrews GE; Li H; Wylie JA; Zhu G; Bell M; Tate J (2005) Influence of ambient temperature on cold-start emissions for a euro 1 SI car using in-vehicle emissions measurement in an urban traffic jam test cycle, . doi: 10.4271/2005-01-1617
- Andrews GE; Zhu G; Li H; Simpson A; Wylie JA; Bell M; Tate J (2004) The effect of ambient temperature on cold start urban traffic emissions for a real world SI car, . doi: 10.4271/2004-01-2903
- Patra A; Colvile R; Arnold S; Bowen E; Shallcross D; Martin D; Price C; Tate JE; ApSimon H; Robins A (2006) On street observations of particulate matter movement and dispersion due to traffic on an urban road, . doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2006.10.070
- Carslaw D; Beevers S; Westmoreland E; Williams M; Tate JE; Murrells T; Stedman J; Li Y; Grice S; Kent A (2011) Trends in NOx and NO2 emissions and ambient measurements in the UK, .
- Fox KA; Kirby HR; Scemama G; Bell MC; Tate JE; Walker A (1996) Avoiding high fuel consumption in congested cities. An evaluation of the benefits of an intelligent supervisor for an urban traffic control system, .
- Tate JE; Connors R (2014) Mapping vehicle emissions through urban streets and intersections, .
- Wyatt DW; Hu L; Tate JE (2014) Modelling the Effect of Road Grade on the CO2 and NOx Emissions of a Passenger Car through a Real World-Urban Traffic Network, 20th International Transport and Air Pollution Conference .
- Tate JE; Rushton C (2014) Measuring and comparing taxi emissions with privately owned vehicles in an urban environment using a remote sensing device, 20th International Transport and Air Pollution Conference .
- Ropkins K; Tate JE; Li H; Andrews GE; Hawley G; Bell MC (2008) Chassis dynamometer evaluation of on-board exhaust emission measurement system performance in si car under transient operating conditions, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2008-01-1826
- Zallinger M; Tate J; Hausberger S (2008) An instantaneous emission model for the passenger car fleet., 34, pp.4579-4580. doi: 10.1016/S1352-2310(00)00232-6
- Andrews GE; Ounzain AM; Li H; Bell M; Tate J; Ropkins K (2007) The use of a water/lube oil heat exchanger and enhanced cooling water heating to increase water and lube oil heating rates in passenger cars for reduced fuel consumption and CO
2emissions during cold start, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2007-01-2067
- Li H; Andrews GE; Khan AA; Savvidis D; Daham B; Bell M; Tate J; Ropkins K (2007) Analysis of driving parameters and emissions for real world urban driving cycles using an on-board measurement method for a EURO 2 SI car, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2007-01-2066
- Li H; Andrews GE; Khan AA; Savvidis D; Daham B; Bell MC; Tate JE; Ropkins K (2007) Analysis of Driving Parameters and Emissions for Real World Urban Driving Cycles using an on-board Measurement Method for a EURO 2 SI car, Proceedings of SAE International Meeting pp.862-872.
- Li H; Andrews GE; Zhu G; Daham B; Bell M; Tate J; Ropkins K (2005) Impact of ambient temperatures on exhaust thermal characteristics during cold start for real world SI car urban driving tests, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2005-01-3896
- Daham B; Andrews GE; Li H; Ballesteros R; Bell MC; Tate J; Ropkins K (2005) Application of a portable FTIR for measuring on-road emissions, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2005-01-0676
- Daham B; Andrews GE; Li H; Partridge M; Bell MC; Tate J (2005) Quantifying the effects of traffic calming on emissions using on-road measurements, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2005-01-1620
- Tate JE; Bell MC; Liu R (2005) The Application of an Integrated Traffic Microsimulation and Instantaneous Emission Model to study the Temporal and Spatial Variations in Vehicular Emissions at the Local-scale, 14th International Conference, Transport and Air Pollution, Graz, 2005 Heft 85/1, pp.138-147.
- Liu R; Tate JE (2000) Microsimulation modelling of intelligent speed adaptation systems, European Transport Research Conference, AET, Cambridge .
- Clark SD; Goodman PS; Liu R; Tate JE (2000) Modelling reality: complex junctions and guided bus, European Transport Research Conference, AET, Cambridge .
- Liu R; Tate JE (2000) Simulation modelling of external vehicle speed control systems, European Tranport Conference 2000 .
- Clark SD; Liu R; Montgomery FO; Tate JE (2000) The microscopic modelling comparison of two kerb-guided bus schemes, Transportation Research Board 79th Annual Meeting, Washington DC reprint no. 00-0948, .
- Liu R; Tate JE (1999) Simulation modelling of external vehicle speed control systems, 31st Annual Conference of the Universities Transport Studies Group, University of York .
- Tate JE; Riley R; Wyatt D; Tubby J (2015) Environmental Impact of Taxis: Is there a Business Case for Hybrids?, Investigation of Air Pollution Standing Conference .
- Tate JE (2015) Real Driving Emissions (RDE): Results from the 2015 remote sensing campaigns (UK), Routes to Clean Air, Air Quality Conference 2015 .
- Tate JE (2013) The Vehicle Emission Penalty of Traffic Congestion, Vehicle emissions – what’s new for air quality management? .
- Wyatt D; Kies A; Tate JE (2012) The Influence of Road Grade on Carbon Dioxide Emission for a Hybrid Bus under Real-World Urban and Extra Urban Driving Conditions, 19th International Transport and Air Pollution Conference .
- Tate JE (2011) Better accounting for NOX/ NO2 emissions in air quality action planning, Uncertainties in NOx/NO2 emissions - Institute of Air Quality Management (www.iaqm.co.uk) .
- Tate JE (2010) The on-road emission characteristics of UK passenger cars: The application of a remote sensing vehicle emission measurement system., http://www.empa.ch/plugin/template/empa/*/95674 .
- Hardy P; Harrison G; James H; Li H; Lynch T; Pickard S; Tate JE; Tomlin A; Weekes S (2010) The influence of traffic conditions on primary NO2 tailpipe emissions and road-side concentrations, http://www.empa.ch/plugin/template/empa/*/95674 .
- Yahaya N; Tate JE; Tight M (2010) The Spatial and Temporal variation of Ultra-fine particle concentrations in a busy urban street, Headingley, Leeds, UK., CD .
- Yahaya N; Tate JE; Tight M (2010) The Spatial and Temporal variation of PNC around an urban traffic junction., The Annual Aerosol Society Science Conference 2010 .
- Tomlin A; Sutton A; Tate JE (2010) The Effect of Commuter Route Choice on Particulate Exposure of an Urban Cyclist., The 2010 Annual UK Review Meeting on Outdoor and Indoor Air Pollution Research Meeting .
- Yahaya N; Tate JE; Tight M (2010) The Influence of Traffic Flow, Synoptic and In-Street winds on Particle Number Concentration around an Urban Intersection, World Clean Air Congress, 15thIUAPPA (International Union of Air Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection) .
- Tate J; Ropkins K; Goodman PS; Oates C; Chen H; Bell MC; Tomlin AS; Balogun A; Smalley R (2009) The influence of traffic congestion, synoptic and in-street winds on nitrogen dioxide concentrations around a congested intersection: a measurement study, 7th International Conference on Air Quality - Science and Application (Air Quality 2009) .
- Tate J; Martin D; Shallcross D; Wood CR; Arnold S; Balogun A; Barlow J; Belcher SE; Britter R; Robins A; Petersson F; Tomlin A (2009) An overview of methods of full-scale urban dispersion in experiments during DAPPLE., 89th Annual Meteorological Society Annual Meeting .
- Tate J; Wood CR; Martin D; Arnold S; Balogun A; Barlow J; Belcher SE; Britter R; Lingard JJN; Oates C; Robins A; Shallcross DE; Tomlin A (2009) Line source tracer release experiments in central London (DAPPLE project)., 89th American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting - Eighth Symposium on the Urban Environment .
- Yahaya NZ; Tate JE; Tight MR (2009) The monitoring and analysis of Ultra-Fine Particles (UFP) emitted from motor vehicles in the urban environment., The Annual Aerosol Society Science Conference .
- Zallinger M; Tate J; Hausberger S; Goodman PS (2009) Evaluation of a coupled micro-scopic traffic simulator and instanteous emission model., Air Quality Conference 2009 .
- Belcher SE; Arnold S; Balogen A; Barlow J; Britter RE; Cheng H; Dobre A; Lingard JJN; Martin D; Neophytou MK; Petersson F; Robins A; Shallcross DE; Smalley R; Tate J; Tomlin A; White IRW; Wood CR (2009) Pathways for dispersion in urban areas revealed by the DAPPLE experiments., 89th American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting - Eighth Symposium on the Urban Environment .
- Tate J; Chen H; Goodman PS; Ropkins K (2008) A highly instrumented junction facility in Leeds (UK) for microscopic datasets, WORKSHOP ON TRAFFIC MODELING: TRAFFIC BEHAVIOR AND SIMULATION .
- Ropkins K; Oates C; Tate JE (2008) Evaluation of a remote sensing 'dirty emitter' measurement., 18th CRC ON-ROAD VEHICLE EMISSIONS WORKSHOP .
- Tate J (2008) The Instrumented City Facility: Monitoring Transport and the Environment., Transport and Air Pollution conference .
- Li H; Andrews GE; Savvidis D; Daham B; Ropkins K; Bell MC; Tate JE (2007) Study of thermal characteristics, fuel consumption and emissions during cold start for SI car real world urban driving, 2007 International Fuels and Lubricants Conference, Kyoto, Japan. .
- Andrews G; Bell M; Daham B; Li H; Ropkins K; Tate J (2006) Evaluation of a Wide Area Traffic Management Strategy in the City of Leeds (UK) using a Probe Vehicle equipped with On-board emission monitoring instrumentation., 15th International Conference Transport and Air Pollution .
- Tate JE; Bell MC (2006) Floating Car Data - Sources and Future Applications, UTSG, Dublin, 2006 .
- Tate JE; Bell MC; Papatzikou E (2006) Floating Vehicle Data (FVD) to improve the calibration and validation of traffic microsimulation models, ITS World Congress, 2006 .
- Li H; Ropkins K; Andrews GE; Daham B; Bell M; Tate J; Hawley G (2006) Evaluation of a FTIR emission measurement system for legislated emissions using a si car, SAE Technical Papers . doi: 10.4271/2006-01-3368
- Andrews GE; Bell MC; Daham B; Li H; Ropkins K; Tate JE (2006) Evaluation of a Wide Area Traffic Management Strategy in the City of Leeds (UK) using a Probe Vehicle equipped with On-board emission monitoring instrumentation, pp.143-150.
- Patra A; Bowen E; Colville RN; Arnold S; Martin D; Price C; Shallcross D; Tate JE; Dobre AV; Robins A (2005) Movement and dispersion of particulate matter due to traffic on road surface., Proceedings of the 5th International conference on Urban Air Quality .
- Dixon NS; Boddy JW; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2005) Evaluation of a Turbulent Flow and Dispersion Model, 10th conference on Harmonisation within Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling for Regulatory Purposes .
- Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Boddy JW; Tate JE; Arnold SJ; Dobre AV; Barlow JF; Belcher SE (2005) Factors Influencing Exposure to Traffic Related Pollutants in Urban Streets, Proceedings of the Ninth Annual UK Review Meeting on Outdoor and Indoor Air Pollution pp.39-45.
- Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Redmore J; Tate JE; Bell MC; Arnold S; Dobre AV; Barlow JF; Belcher SE (2005) The influence of air flow regimes on the concentration of a traffic related pollutant in the vicinity of a complex urban junction, Proceedings of the 5th International conference on Urban Air Quality 5, pp.152-155.
- Tate JE; Bell MC; Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Boddy JW (2005) An experimental investigation of the variations in traffic flow characteristics and ambient air pollutant concentrations at the local-scale, Proceedings of the 5th International conference on Urban Air Quality 5, .
- Agus EL; Lingard JJN; Smalley RJ; Salmond JA; Tate JE; Tomlin AS; Young DT (2005) Factors influencing peaks in particle number concentration and corresponding size distributions at the road-side, Proceedings of the Royal Meteorological Society Conference 2005 .
- Arnold SJ; ApSimon H; Barlow JF; Bell MC; Britter R; Cheng H; Colvile R; Dobre AV; Kaur S; Martin D; Neophytou M; Nickless G; Nieuwenhuijsen M; Price C; Robins A; Shallcross D; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS; Walsh P; Belcher SE (2004) Dispersion of Air Pollution and its Penetration into the Local Environment—DAPPLE, 5th Conference on the Urban Environment .
- Smalley RJ; Dixon NS; Boddy JW; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2004) The influence of 3-dimensional flow structures on the dispersion of a traffic related pollutant in a complex urban street canyon, 13th International Scientific Symposium on Transport and Air Pollution 13, pp.89-96.
- Arnold SJ; Barlow JF; Belcher SE; Bell MC; Britter R; Cheng H; Colvile R; Dobre AV; Kaur S; Martin D; Neophytou M; Nickless G; Price C; Robins A; Shallcross D; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2004) Experiments In London - Dapple - Dispersion Of Air Pollution And Its Penetration Into The Local Environment, Proceedings of the World Clean Air Congress .
- Boddy JW; Dixon NS; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2003) An intercomparison between road-side concentrations of traffic related pollutants in two urban streets, The Fourth International Urban Air Quality Conference pp.489-493.
- Bell MC; Tate JE; Hodges N (2003) The Role of Intelligent Transport Systems in Supporting Sustainable Transport, ITS (UK), NEC Conference presentation, 7-8 April 2003, Birmingham .
- Beebe J; Bell MC; Tate JE (2003) Analysis of Modal Emissions - Implications for Air Quality Modelling and Management, Proceedings of the 4th International conference on Urban Air Quaility, Prague .
- Boddy JW; Dixon NS; Smalley RJ; Tate JE; Tomlin AS (2003) The dispersion of a traffic-related pollutant in two urban street canyons, The 12th International Scientific Symposium on Transport and Air Pollution .
- Boddy JW; Tomlin AS; Smalley RJ; Dixon NS; Tate JE (2003) Flow Characteristics and the Dispersion of a Traffic Related Pollutant within an Urban Street Canyon, Royal Meteorological Society Conference pp.pp.68.
- Hands T; Tate JE (2003) Roadside aerosol measurements with a fast particulate spectrometer, Journal of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) 20035407. .
- Tate JE; Bell MC (2002) Network monitoring, modelling and management to aid mitigate the impact of 'event' traffic, IEE Conference Publication pp.78-82.
- Bell MC; Hodges N; Tate JE (2002) Demand Responsive Traffic Systems to Control Pollution - Results from the Projects EFFECT+ and UTMC03, Transport and Air Pollution, Graz, 2002. .
- Tate JE; Bell MC (2000) Designing, Implementing and Evaluating a Gating Strategy to Reduce Pollution Levels in Sensitive Areas of the Urban Environment, 10th IEE International Scientific Symposium on Transport and Air Pollution, Avignon, France .
- Tate JE; Bell MC (2000) Evaluation of a traffic demand management strategy to improve air quality in urban areas, IEE Tenth International Conference and Exhibition on Road Transport Information and Control .
- Bell MC; Tate JE (1998) A traffic demand management strategy generator to improve air quality in urban areas, Paper presented at 30th Annual Conference of the Universities Transport Study Group, Trinity College, Dublin .
- Tate JE (1999) Evaluation of alternative guided bus design. Results for Chester, 536, .