hEART 2014 – 3rd Symposium of the European Association for Research in Transportation
Symposium: 10-12th September 2014
(preceded by PhD Summer School on 9th September)
Arranged by the European Association for Research in Transport (hEART) and
hosted by the Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
www.heart2014.eu (see hEART website for full programme)
The hEART symposium is an interdisciplinary research conference, covering all areas of transportation research, with a focus on quantitative methods and analysis of transport systems. It connects research in transport modelling, transport economics and transport policy with advanced practice. Bringing together leading experts and promising young researchers, the symposium offers an opportunity for scientific discussion and interaction in relatively small groups, and is preceded by a one-day summer school for PhD students.
The scope of the symposium included all aspects of transport systems analysis, including:
- Transport demand modelling
- Travel behaviour analysis
- Transport economics
- Land use and transport interactions
- Network analysis and modelling
- Operations research
- Public transport planning
- Traffic engineering and operations
- Transport policy analysis
- Transport and regional economics
- Appraisal methodology
- Public transport operations
- Valuation of non-market goods
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Discrete choice modelling
The symposium is an annual event, organized by the European Association of Research in Transport (hEART). The 1st symposium took place in 2012 at EPFL Lausanne and the 2nd was held at the Centre for Transport Studies at KTH Sweden. The 2015 and 2016 conferences will be hosted in Copenhagen and Delft respectively.